Friday, December 31, 2010

Just Thinking...

Well, the room is quiet and I am alone for the first time in almost two weeks. My parents came to my house for Christmas, which makes the first time ever that I should host our family celebrations of the Blessed Event. I feel strangely grown-up and established.

I think what I enjoyed most from this particular vacation is the time we had to talk to each other, and I mean really talk about deep and important stuff. Like ogres, and onions--and cake, and parfait--each of my parents is a layered and multifaceted personage. These last two weeks gave me time to get to know them and appreciate them in a way that few of my contemporaries, I suspect, get to know their own parents. How many times does a girl get her parents all to herself when she is old enough to talk to them as a grown-up and an equal?

Also, I have a new tv and all of the laundry has been washed. La dolce vida.

No comments: