Friday, July 1, 2011

two things...

Who's that woman putting blog posts all over this 'Thoughtful Spot'? Oh yeah, it's me...

I promise to add more after this weekend (Church Camp-out Yay!), but I needed to write down a thing or two before I forget.

First, after months of not knowing what to expect (and therefore expecting the worst), I received word last week that not only do I still have a job at Conway School, it is going to be a FULL TIME job (hooray for insurance! Now I can make that appointment with my dentist!). I may not be spending all that time teaching music, but it's a good sight better than going into retail to supplement my income. (Although, my brother and sister-in-law very nearly convinced me that a nice little job in a book store would not necessarily be a bad thing. In fact, a small part of my heart is disappointed that things didn't come to that. I could have been like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail... ah well, c'est la vie.)

And second, this thought occurred to me during community group last night and I wanted to write it down before it slipped out of my brain. This is the thought: the gifts God gives us, things like Grace and Love and Existence, are not free, they are priceless. We are not asked to pay for them because we can not pay enough, not because they have no cost. They do have a cost, a steep one, one that reflects their inestimable value, but we can not pay it. So God pays, and in a sense we kind of help pay for each other*, and these things are given to us as gifts.

*I'm not quite sure where that thought might lead, but it wanted to come, so I let it.

Anyway, I'm off to rough it in the woods for a few days!

Happy Summer!

No comments: